Temps Plein Electromechanical R&D Engineer
Description de L'emploi
Linx Printing Technologies
Ville: Hoegaarden VBR BE
Your primary responsibilities:
You will be responsible for R&D development or improvement projects on the hardware and control systems of our mixers and bioreactors. Working from early phase (definition of specs) through design into testing and validation up to supervision of first builds at the manufacturing site.
Responsible from A to Z for R&D projects:
- Be the architect of our mixing drives and containers: Mechanical and Electrical design;
- Be able to create new designs, both mechanically and electrically, providing benefits and/or solving problems;
- Identify and select relevant raw materials, components (sensors, actuators, motors,…), manufacturing/assembly processes and suppliers necessary for the realization of prototypes and products; Follow-up, check and challenge suppliers’ progress;
- Responsible for preparation of technical documentation of products and of the systems (mechanical and electrical drawings, technical specifications, FAT/IQ/OQ);
- Assist in performing functional and performance tests on prototypes with our internal application specialist department;
- Provide practical and technical assistance to other engineers in design, assembly, manufacturing and maintenance tasks;
- Listen, understand, translate internal and external customers’ requirements;
- Write procedures, documentation and reports related to tests and tasks performed;
- Serve as an expert on your field/products and challenge the technical concepts of your colleagues;
- Work in close collaboration with team members and other departments.
- Master degree in engineering, preferably in electromechanics;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience with R&D project management;
- Strong technical problem solving skills (in our labs or at clients);
- Fluency in written and spoken English (company language), French and Dutch are assets;
- Experience with being the driving force between different departments;
- Be autonomous whilst being a team player;
- Be solution driven;
- Very good reporting skills (written and spoken), adjusted to your audience;
- Willingness to occasionally travel to visit suppliers and customer.
- Knowledge of machine design (steel and stainless steel forming, assembly and finishing, painting, gaskets, mechanical assemblies, actuators, sensors…);
- Knowledge of 3D CAD program (SolidWorks/Inventor);
- Knowledge of strength calculations via software simulation is an asset;
- Knowledge of electrical cabinet design and electrical drawings program (preferably eplan);
- Knowledge of process, equipment and component validation;
- Knowledge of EC machinery directive is a plus;
- Basis in automation;
- Use of 6-sigma tools is a plus.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.