Temps Plein GEB – Team Leader Tertiary Buildings – Civil and Structural Engineering
Description de L'emploi
Ville: Brussels BRU BE
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Tractebel seeks a (m/f) :
Team Leader Tertiary Buildings – Civil and Structural Engineering
The working environment
Tractebel is an engineering office that is well known in the fields of infrastructure and energy and enjoys an important position in Belgium. The Geographical Entity Belgium is currently seeking a Team Leader for the department CIVIL AND STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING, based at its offices in Brussels. The department is involved in a wide range of different projects, in cooperation with the other entities of Tractebel and the ENGIE Group, both in Belgium and internationally.
- You lead, motivate, coach and manage a team of structural engineers and draftsmen for your projects with a main focus on tertiary buildings;
- You are responsible for ensuring that the budget, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required. You will make sure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules;
- You report progress for all your projects on a weekly basis;
- You take a role as principal engineer of the project (mainly geotechnical, concrete and steel, structures for different types of structures) and you help and guide your less experienced colleagues. You carry out study works yourself or together with your team or in assistance to other colleagues;
- You prepare and submit offers and contracts;
- You aim for sustainable and efficient solutions;
- You keep up with the standards, guidelines and new techniques and developments in your discipline and report these to your team members or colleagues;
- You respond to the wishes and needs of the client;
- You work together with colleagues, external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) and clients in a constructive way. You enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved;
- You have an international mindset and collaborate with our offices abroad for certain engineering tasks and take the necessary actions to guarantee the required quality;
- As team leader you actively promote and establish BIM collaboration procedures according to our company vision where applicable.
- You have a Master degree in Architectural Engineering (engineer-architect), or in Civil Engineering. You have a particular affinity for architecture;
- You have at least 10 years of experience with structural engineering projects in designing different types of concrete and steel structures;
- The projects you worked on were mainly building projects with architectural ambition.
- You were involved in all aspects and phases of your projects: competition, design, studies, tender, execution, management,…;
- Expertise in modeling with SCIA Engineer and/or equivalent packages is an asset;
- You have good communication skills;
- You are a team player;
- You are client-oriented and flexible;
- A thorough knowledge of Dutch or French is essential and you need to be able to express yourself in Dutch, French and English;
- You are prepared to work in our regional offices in Belgium and/or in Client’s site offices;
- You are willing to make international trips for our international collaboration and international projects in mutual agreement;
- Mobility by car is necessary so an international driving license “B” is required.
What we offer
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University)
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle
for any further information.
Engineering / Projects
Nature of Responsibility
Manager / Expert
Feb 28, 2017, 1:59:19 PM