Temps Plein Production Engineer (Young graduate)
Description de L'emploi
The Dow Chemical Company
Ville: Seneffe WHT BE
The Dow Chemical Company is looking for a Production Engineer for the site in Seneffe, Belgium.
Reporting to the Production leader, the Production Engineer will work as a technical resource to coach and assist the operations team to optimize and improve Environmental, Health & Safety, production throughput, product quality, reliability of supply, and to work with the business supply chain scheduler to effectively utilize the plant’s capacity and product mix.
The production Engineer acts as a technical resource for Operations personnel, applying technical skills within Manage Production, to optimize plant operations, resolves plant problems and enables safe and efficient production of low cost, quality products.
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Works with Technical Advisor and plant personnel to optimize operations to meet Business and plant goals. (Environmental, Health & Safety, Production, cost, quality, energy, reliability).
- Ensures Operating Discipline / Operating Discipline Management System requirements are met and include appropriate MET (Most Effective Technology).
- Participates when required in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills.
- Provide leadership and direction in the day to day decision making for the operating area of responsibility.
- As required participates on and leads teams in his/her area of accountability
- Supports plant roles in procedure usage, creation, reviews, updates and approvals when assigned.
- Improves site Quality performance (Final Quality, First Pass Quality, …)
- Assists Asset Utilization management
- Provides Six Sigma Methodology and technical support to projects
- Assists the Process safety focal point with Implementation of Dow’s process safety principles. These principles cover Design, Installation and Operating Practices.
- Ensures effective New Product Introduction in the site. Helping plant in scale up new products.
- Managing some capital projects for the site/plant
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Plant : local, interacting with plant peers
- Number of Direct Reports : none
- Influential / indirect leadership to a wide variety of level
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineer (Master degree).
- Young graduate (From no experience to Max 1 year)
- Strong technical, Teamwork and basic financial knowledge and skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Influential/persuasion leadership and communication skills; flexible and adaptable to changing needs,
- Analytical and anticipation skills
- Language: French & English are mandatory. Dutch would be an advantage.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow’s integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company’s more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to « Dow » or the « Company » mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at http://www.dow.com
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership – and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer