Temps Plein Project Manager
Description de L'emploi
Ville: Antwerpen VAN BE
As Project Manager you will get the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the world at the intersection of mobile technology, artificial intelligence, and the IOT. We are looking for people with the substance to help drive our product forward and with the attitude that makes them thrive in a high-growth start-up environment.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a high-paced startup team, will bring an energetic and creative approach to their work and masters the following skillset.
Reporting to the VP delivery, you will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and quality assurance of our client projects & roadmap monitoring. You ensure each project is completed on time and within budget, that the project’s objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly for delivery of the project. You oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
Depending on the project, responsibilities can cover all aspects of a project from initiation all the way to completion.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Support multi-disciplinary teams, called squads, in the day-to-day operational management of their projects;
- Assess, manage and escalate risks, issues and changes to projects;
- Align with different stakeholders and business owners to find agreement on project objectives and to prioritize them;
- Coordinate and follow up on the execution of development projects, ensuring all objectives are met, within budget and on time, according to the quality standards set by the organization;
- Monitor (technically) the quality of client deliverables and report client KPI to stakeholders;
- Support and develop data-driven test plans for new and existing functionalities;
- Use the appropriate IT systems to track progress, to monitor performance and resource consumption, and to report to management; and
- Oversee the assignment of resources to projects and the organization of squads.
Required basic skills
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or a technical field or equivalent experience.
- You have significant experience (preferably 4 years or more) in the software development industry, with a minimum of 2 years as (assistant) project or product manager.
- You have hands-on experience in Agile or Lean software development methods.
Required technical skills
- You have a solid understanding of Scrum including sprint planning, releases, backlogs and Scrum ceremonies.
- You have hands-on experience with JIRA and collaboration software for software development like Confluence.
- You have demonstrated project management abilities, you are able to create a project plan, assign and manage resources to different project phases, and report on progress.
- You have a good understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- You have knowledge of SQL and scripting, which allows you to quickly combine information from different sources.
- You have knowledge of web technologies, mobile platforms and mobile application deployment.
- You have knowledge of Amazon Web Services and cloud infrastructure, in general.
Required personal skills
- You use a hands-on approach in dealing with complex projects and are keen on thinking outside the box to support your own creativity.
- You have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and are commercially aware of the opportunities of new and emerging technologies and services.
- You are a team player and have the ability to motivate people by demonstrating management and leadership.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, and you know how to communication with stakeholders at different levels. Knowledge of Dutch and French is a plus.
- You are able to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities. You maintain high quality standards, but can find a balance between quality, flexibility and timely delivery.
- You are a self-starter and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- You are willing to travel up to 25% of your time for customer or internal projects, as needed.
Desirable skills (considered a plus, but not mandatory)
- Customer-facing experience either as project manager or consultant.
- Experience as SCRUM master or product owner.
- Formal training or certification in Agile development (e.g. SCRUM Master) or product management.
- Formal training or certification in project management (e.g. Prince2, PMP).
- Experience in managing offshore development teams.
- Basic understanding of information security principles and the potential privacy impact of personal data processing.